All of this left my sewing room yesterday! The 2 black bags are pure trash. The rest went to the dump to a recycle pad where other people can pick it up. I sent the air cleaner there. I used to have several air cleaners in the house because of my allergies. I don’t really need them anymore but I like having one in the sewing room for the excessive amount of dust I create. I decided to bring the Blueair cleaner from the bedroom down because the filters are less expensive. Hopefully this IQAir will go to someone who really needs it but can’t afford it.
My original goal was to clear this corner to make room for the computer and get the computer table out of the middle of the floor. But once I started I was motivated.
Next I worked on this corner and fit the serger into the corner on my rolling cart. It will be very quick and easy to set up when I need it. But the big news in this corner is that I eliminated one shelf! There were 3 shelves above the serger and now there are 2. My long term objective will be to eliminate these 2 shelves too and add a small design wall here.
I was on a roll now so I kept going and tackled the cutting table. No more piles under the table. Just the trash can, air cleaner and my trusty foot stool. Look! Floor space!
I know that this room might look really boring to you but I purposely have everything gray or white because I don’t want color distractions from whatever I’m working on.
I even sorted through the rulers and guides and organized my Go! dies. I was surprised at the number of rulers and guides that I had that I never use. I got rid of every ruler that isn’t Omnigrid. I know that different brands measure differently so I only use the Omnigrid rulers to make sure that my measurements stay consistent.
If you need some new rulers get on up to the Montpelier dump. They may still be there!
I decided that I had the energy for one more thing. All of my stabilizers and fusibles were stored in a plastic trash bin near the ironing station. That worked really well except that they got awfully dusty there. I cleared out and reorganized a few shelves in this cabinet and made room for all of them.
Yesterday I did lots of ironing. These fabrics will go in the shop today. I also decided to get my Snaps quilt ready to load and get it quilted before I re-load Lura’s Choice. I’ll do that this afternoon after the new fabrics are in the shop.
This is the backing I dyed for my Shaken, Not Stirred quilt. I’ll quilt it next so that I might have 2 finishes for July…..if I can avoid starting something new.
While I’ve been working at the computer this morning I’ve had company. The Great Blue Heron has been relaxing on the dock for over an hour. He’s now on the pond edge taking up some serious hunting. I should start posting fabric now but I’m watching him instead.