With the 2 big quilts done and snow dyeing over, I was able to get back to my wall this week. Honestly, it was about the only thing I felt like doing while my stomach was in turmoil. The stomach bug seems to have left the building and I have 2 more sections of my wall done.
This section started with the tile. One of the students in my Online Selling class last fall was ceramic artist Karen Hull. She brought me some broken pottery and a few tiles that she expected me to break up. I’m not planning to break any of them. This was perfect for a section where I needed to add some lighter values.
Right after I finished the tan section I stuck my glass fish to the wall. I call this “basting” to borrow a quilt term and the tape is my basting thread. Heavier tiles need to be taped in place until the mastic sets up.
Last night I finished it. My friend recently remodeled her bathroom and offered me her leftover tile. I knew as soon as I saw this that it would be the background for my fish.
They will stand out more once it’s grouted.
Speaking of grouting, I’m close to having this side of the wall done and ready for grouting! Only 6 more sections to fill in. I really hate grouting but everything looks so much better that I’ll be happy to do this section and get this corner of the room back in order.