I surprised myself that I was able to make these into something acceptable.
Because I started with this.
During one of my screen printing sessions I had a bunch of pink ink left over so I screened these flowers on some of my waste fabric. I printed a bunch of them simply because I had a lot of the ink left.
But I didn't like them. There wasn't enough contrast. I even tried painting some Tsukeniko ink in the flower centers. That didn't work either. I almost tossed them out but decided to try some stitching.
First I tried the white thread. You can see that didn't do anything for it. I switched to dark red-purple and that was much better. Five times around gave a dark enough line to set off the flower image.
Finished off with a serged edge. They aren't going to win any awards but I salvaged the prints and I think they are cute. They will be nice welcome cards for our airbnb guests.