Hallelujah! Our internet is fixed. I'll give Exede credit for having some of the nicest and most competent service people ever. We must have had a lightning or power surge even of some sort because the modem and a component on the dish were bad. Being off the web was good for sewing so that's good.
I got all 16 border blocks put together.
Here are 2 of them up on the design wall. I have started sewing them together in pairs. I stopped when I sewed one pair on both sides and made a tube! That meant that it was time for a break.
So I went to EQ and made up this block to play with.
Here it is as a straight set.
Alternating blocks rotated twice.
I liked that layout but thought it might look better with a different color arrangement. I do like this better.
How about some color. This is fun.
Flipping alternating blocks again and you get this. Then I thought that this one might be fun to play with value.
What do you think of something like this?
For those interested in joining here's some basic info:
- There are no rules, your project just has to use half square triangles, it doesn't have to be exclusively HST blocks.
- Post your progress in your photo sharing site or blog or website and link up here.
- There's Flickr group if you want to share there too. Be sure to check it out there are several new quilts added this week.
- Grab the link button code on the left if you want to put it on your own site.
- I'll draw a winner each Friday for a selection of hand dyed scrap fabrics.
Next week is the last week so be sure to join in, the prize might be a bit bigger next week!