I had a busy week dyeing so haven't had a ton of sewing time but that's the whole reson that I started this project in the first place. I knew that May - July were going to be really busy so I needed an easy sewing project and this is it. In 15 minute increments I got over 150 HST blocks sewn together. It will take a few weeks to get them all made at this rate but progress is progress!
I did have some time to play in EQ with HST designs and thsis week I worked with this block. This one was difficult but I eventually came up with 2 designs that I like. Both require some mirror image and flipped blocks but I do like them.
I also started a Pinterest board with HST quilts and I think you will find some good inspiration there too.
For those interested in joining here's some basic info:
- There are no rules, your project just has to use half square triangles, it doesn't have to be exclusively HST blocks.
- Post your progress in your photo sharing site or blog or website and link up here.
- There's Flickr group if you want to share there too.
- Grab the link button code on the left if you want to put it on your own site.
- I'll draw a winner each Friday for a selection of hand dyed scrap fabrics.
I hope you'll join the fun!