The past few days I've been working on an article submission. I finally got everything done and sent off yesterday but not without some major drama.
I have Dropbox for my file backup and it's always worked great but something started going on with it about a month ago. I don't think it's a Dropbox issue. I think it was related to our crappy internet service. I had turned it off for a few weeks and had to uninstall and reinstall the software. I needed to get the article and photos in the "cloud" so turned Dropbox back on Monday evening and that's when it all went to hell. Everything that I had done since March 3 disappeared! No more article. No more photos. It was very late Tuesday so I just decided to have a scotch and go to bed. I still had my paper copy of the article and the original photos. I could recreate it all in about 4 hours. But before I went to bed I wrote a panic email to Dropbox.
When I got up yesterday the files were all magically restored thanks to Matthew at Dropbox! Holy cow, I was so relieved. He's now resynching my account and the article has been submitted.
So instead of rewriting and re-editing, I got to sew for a couple of hours yesterday and got the star set into the background. I don't know why I have so much anxiety over Y seams. They really are simple and just take a minute of extra focus. Heavily starched fabric also helps.
Next I'll work on the 1 pieced border and then I can add all 4 borders to finish this up. My goal is to get it done this weekend.
Today is dyeing day and there's lots to do including my first custom made and dyed chuppah!