Today I'm sharing some things I made with scrap glass and one big (and funny) disaster.
Sometimes I like taking bits of glass and putting them together jsut to see what will happen. That's what this is. There's a layer of clear glass on the bottom and bits and pieces of other glass on top.
Here's the result. It's actually a bit darker than this photos. The larger clear areas are actually more of a pale aqua. It's a fun little dish although I'm not sure anyone will want it.
Here's another one that I made using up some black and white scraps. Mostly I was testing these little millefiore skull bits that I bought to see how they would fuse. I'll probably use this as a pin dish in my sewing room or give it to Anne because she's a little weird about skulls.
Here's my disaster.
When I got the kiln I also got some boxes of cullet (trash) glass. I occasionally play with it and have made one decent dish with it. This one didn't work out so well. When I tried to slump it it got this gian bubble in it. This one went right into the trash. Usually with glass I will break it up or re-fuse it but I'm not taking the time to do that with this cullet class.
So, you see, there are also lots of mistakes. I just usually save only the good stuff for the blog.