I'm so glad I finally came up with a plan for the last 2 borders of this quilt.
Because I did not want to have to sort this mess out and put it away. I wanted to use these fabrics up with as little waste as possible. That's why I was so determined to use the crumb bits in the quilt. But they jsut refused to play well within the quilt.
Thanks to my Sunday morning flash of inspiration the quilt didn't beat me. Instead I beat it into total submission. I think that the last borders of arrows really work well with the other design elements and it's really clear now that I needed more yellow. I spent way too much time trying to make those 2 borders mostly purple. It still needed the purple but it works much better as an outer border to hold everything in. I think this quilt will finish about 60 x 68. I have no idea what I will do with it but the next challenge will be quilting it....later.
I never expected to get a quilt this big from the scraps of that King sized Fractured quilt.
First I had to clean up.
I took all of the little bits and sewed until they were all gone. The result are 20 6.5" crumb blocks. I have no plan for these. Karen A. can have them for one of her charity quilts if she wants. For now they are in a pile on a shelf.
Here are ALL of the leftover fabrics! The small bits of hand dyes on the left go to Becky and Nancy for their applique projects. The commercial prints go in a bag of commercial scraps that will be donated and the hand dyes on the right go in my hand dyed scrap bin. Periodically I go through that bin and cut things into shapes using my Accuquilt Go.
The best part is that no fabrics went back in my stash. Yay! I won!