I have tried so many "home remedies" for keeping my bobbins under control and each method jsut ends in thread nests.
I tried little rubber bands around each bobbin and that worked great except that it's a paint to get the rubber band off. I tried these little pony tail elastics and they also work except that you can't see the thread color. In both cases I eventually just stopped using them.
I finally gave in and ordered these. Three for upstairs and 3 for Willie's room.
In both rooms I have one for cotton thread, one for Bottom Line and one for everything else. I hope this will finally work better. I've always wondered why these are rings. Why not a square with multiple channels? Anyone know why these are round rings?
Of course I also bought thread! I've tried the new Manifico thread from Superior and like it a lot so I decided to get a few more spools....and some other things too.
Laura and Ian are still here. Last night we went to Ashland Coffee and Tea to listen to The Black Lillies. It was a lot of fun and they are a very good band. They are a mix of country, southern rock, bluegrass with a little jazz and funk thrown in for fun. The lead guitarist is really talented. They are on their way to Pennsylvania, Maryland and back to Virginia in the next few days if you want to catch them.
Today I'm helping Laura cut out some dresses. She wanted to go fabric shopping but I made her shop my stash first. I seriously need some stash reduction around here. I'll also get some EQ quilts done in the Traditions palette. I see that I completely forgot last week!