I finished the guest bedroom quilt top and I love it. This is made with the Red Sunset gradient with "solids" dyed to match.
When the quilt is finished it will only have the extra wide border on the top. My plan for this is to quilt it and then wash it (pre-shrink) it prior to binding. When it's totally done I want the quilt to hang just to the top of the fabric covered bed frame. This one will get quilted after I finish the feathered quilt that's on Willie right now.
Next I need to make some decorative pillows to hide the bed pillows. When I dyed all of the fabric for the quilt I also dyed some denim in the same colors. I'm thinking that I might be able to use the waste triangles from making the center of the quilt. I'll ponder this for a few days. I think that 3 18" pillows would be about right.
Now it's time to get the Grandmother's Choice quilt tops together, starting with the symmetry ones. Yesterday I dyed some black for the background and started making the kaleidoscope cornerstone blocks.
This dot fabric is an older Paula Nadelstern fabric. I think it's going to be a great background for the kaleidoscope blocks. Since the blocks are all done this should go together relatively quickly. Once the black fabric is washed I'll starch it and the dots and get started. Meanwhile I'll try to get the 20 cornerstone kaleidoscopes done.
First I will have lunch with my cousin and go visit Mary. My cousin and I meet for much once a month. We started doing this about 2 years ago and it's been a nice thing for both of us. It's really bad but I do seem to keep up with people better when I schedule time in to do it. I'm just not good at being spontaneous - unless it invloves spontaneously eating chocolate for a 10:30 am snack.