I showed this to you Monday. It's my Judy Neimeyer Golden Harvest quilt. I took it to the river to finish. When I got there I realized that I had left the directions at home but I only had the center pieces to make so I moved on to finish it. As soon as I got the green corners on I knew something was wrong.
When I got home and found the instruction book I realized that I left off an inner border.
I fixed it last night. Much better. Now I have to think about the binding. My current thought is to bind it in the dark purple and pipe it with either the dark or light orange or maybe the pink. Any thoughts on that? It will be a while before it gets quilted so I have change my mind a hundred times.
This was my first Judy Neimeyer quilt. I don't think I have ever seen a quilt pattern with more thorough instructions. EVERYTHING is discussed and planned. What made it hard for me was translating her fabric requirements to my fabric. I used the Warkton Lane gradient and dark orange. I had to translate 2 fabrics into all of the fabrics in the pattern. It all worked out fine but it took some serious brain work on the front end. I used 6 yards of the gradient for this and I dyed the dark orange and the pale orange for the little border separately.
I'm glad to have another quilt top UFO done. Now I need to get started on some longarm quilting on the pile of tops.