No, the project from Barbara isn't complete but I found out this weekend that I am done! I decided to start working up some layouts in EQ to see how my quilts might come together.
I did not want large quilts for either of these. I want the symmetry version to be a wall quilt and the shibori version to be a quilt for one of the twin beds in the guest house. Once I got the layouts together I realized that I already have more than enough blocks for both quilts.
This is the layout for the symmetry version. The cornerstones will be quarter square triangle kaleidoscope blocks. The brown in the EQ version is actually a black fabric with brown and steel blue dots. I think it will create a nice transition from the blocks to the hand dyed black background. Next I will start working on the quarter square blocks.
Here's the layout for the shibori blocks. I'll pull the blocks out to determine the best shade of green and pink/purple. The blue will probably be my Sea and Sky gradient. The schoolhouse block isn't going to make it into the final quilt but most of the others will fit in fine.
I'm excited to get started on both of these once the CSQ mystery clues are done in a few weeks.