The block this month is Sunbonnet Baby. I don't think anyone will be surprised that I did not make the Sunbonnet Baby block. It just would not work. Instead I went to Blockbase and looked for another block with "baby" in the name. That led me to Baby Basket. I should have studied it a bit before selecting it!
The shibori version is just fine.
This, however, is complete and total crap! :)
It required 10 fabrics and that's just too many to get any sort of design flowing in the block. I considered making another but I know that I will not use all of the blocks in my quilt so I've decided to move on. If I need another block for the quilt I'll make it later. You can bet that this one will never see the light of day again.
This should have been a hint.
This project has been such a great exercise for me. I've learned so much about fabric selection and creating focus lines. It's really going to help when I get back to making kaleidoscope blocks. Because of that I don't mind having a disaster or 5.