I did get a lot accomplished this weekend but most of it was related to getting the new Thrive palette posted and the newsletter out. I have been sewing a lot this past week too and got the prototype of the Country School mystery quilt done. This week I will start writing the instructions and start a second version to test the instructions.
These are the fabrics for my next version. These are all hand dyed samples from my stash. Anyone is welcome to join the mystery. The first clue will be posted May 20 and I'll post a notice on my blog when the clues are posted. If you want to make one to donate to us to use for our veteran's project we would love to have them. The quilt will finish to 48" x 60". That is the size that the hospital recommended that we make.
I'm also going to make a larger version for a QOV and these are the fabrics that I will use for that one. The black is hand dyed but the others are all commercial prints from the stash. I am trying my best to use up the stash but it's slow going!
Last week I thought I would get out my psotage stamp UFO to work on this Friday and Saturday with my Country School friends. I've already changed my mind!
My friend, Denise, is coming to visit this summer from LA so I'm going to work on the quilt for the guest room to see if I can't get that room totally done before she arrives. I dyed the fabrics for the quilt a few weeks ago and I'm going to do a giant Carpenter's Star block with very wide gradient borders. It will be double sided with the tie-dyed backing. To be done by July it will get a pantograph treatment for quilting. But this is meant to be a quilt that's used a lot so that will be OK. Now I need to get the quilt drafted so I have cutting measurements ready for Friday.
In fun dyeing news here's a cool quilt back that I dyed for a customer last week. I hated to see this one go!
I need to get busy ironing fabric and starting the second version of the mystery quilt. Meanwhile check out what everyone else is up to at Patchwork Times.