I admit that I have been doing more wallpaper removal than quilting lately. Chris is motivated to paint and you know it's important to take advantage of that!
Yesterday I got the last of the paper out of the master bathroom. My hand are a disaster but I am happy to see these walls white for a day. Chris went in right behind me and painted the trim so I had to get busy selecting a color. I've brought home so many color cards but just could not get the exact color I wanted.
Then I remembered my dye recipe swatches! I knew I wanted a dark paint color and was leaning toward dark brick red or dark plum. It was great to have so many color swatches to select from. I settled in those 2 dark purple swatches in the front of the photo and headed off to the Benjamin Moore store.
By tomorrow the bathroom will be Benjamin Moore AF-645, Chambourd. This room has 3 windows (south and west facing) and lots of white trim so it can easily handle a very dark color. The bedroom is a rusty orange color. It's probably too much for most people but I love rich colors if the room light can handle it and these 2 rooms have so much light that dark colors work great.
Now I have moved on to the guest bathroom. This one will probably take me 2 weeks to get the paper removed. I'll do one hour in there today and the the rest of my day is in the dye studio.....a much happier place!