Well, this was a tough one. If you are following along with Grandmother's Choice you know that these blocks look NOTHING like the real block. The real Parasol block was problematic on 2 fronts. First there was no way to build symmetry and second, it would look silly in shibori fabric. So I decided to draft a whole new pattern.
I started with the original block at 4" square so that I could use it to create something symmetrical. I changed the handle to a star point, removed the curve at the top of the parasol and removed the little pieces at the edge of the parasol. Then I replicated, mirrored and flipped and had the finished block. I think it was a fair trade-off and I love my version of the blocks.
Here are the templates.
Here are the fabrics.