Yes, I did make 2 symmetry blocks for this week. This shows what a different effect you get not only from fabric choice but from the starting piece of the block. I made the second block first and started with the diagonal rectangles. You will notice on that piece that the rectangle is symmetrical. I built the rest of the block off the rectangles.
After I finished it I realized that this block would be perfect for either horizontal or vertical symmetry so I started over. This time I started with the large triangles and built the block toward the center.
I will likely use both blocks int he finished quilt. I suspect that there will be a few blocks along the way that will simply not work for symmetry (like the dreaded Sunbonnet Sue) and I can use one of these as a replacement.
The shibori block was much easier! It took all of one day to make all 3 blocks.
Here are the templates. You can see 2 sets of marking on them because I was too lazy to cut a second set.
The fabrics for the 2nd block.