62 x 78
I finally got the binding hand sewn on this one. I started it a few months ago when I had the Patriot fabric palette. The beauty of using these fabrics, especially the tie dyed medallion is that the quilt goes together really quickly. Then it sat around for a couple of months waiting for a turn on the longarm followed by a few weeks of intermittent binding stitching.
I really struggled with the quilting on this one but eventually I realized that the quilting really wasn't going to show. When I have a situation like that I often look for a motif that I need to practice. I have struggled to do that motif in the dark blue borders so I used this quilt to practice. I determined that if I use the Pam Clarke 1" lines stencil that I've owned for YEARS that this is much easier to quilt! I hate when I buy things and then never use them. Better late than never I suppose.
In the stripe sections I decided to quilt in USA with some stars. I wrote a blog post a couple of years ago to describe how I do this. It's super easy.
Now, when I started this quilt I intended for it to be Quilt of Valor. Sadly for QOV, I love it and decided that I want to keep this one. Not to worry, I will make other QOV quilts and will even do a patriotic one with other leftover fabrics from the Patriot palette.
This one now graces one of the beds in the loft of the guest house.