Ugh. I am not fond of this block but I decided to do the blocks as they are presented with as little modification as possible. The shibori version is OK but it's impossible to do symmetry well in a block like this. I started with the background an decided to do both version with the same fabric on the two outer edges.
The shibori one came together easy. I knew immediatey that I wanted to use the gray shibori for the star and jsut had to select a background.
For the symmetry version I started with the background and then I started selecting star fabrics.
I started with the star on the right. It looked awful on the block. Next I considered the other fabric and it didn't work either. Then I found a black print that I was certain would work.
I was so sure that I appliqued it on the block. As soon as I stepped across the room I completely lost the star. I cut it off and started again. In the end I spent way too much time getting this block done. But it is done and I'm ready to move on.
Here are the fabrics that I used.
I am looking forward to the next block.....if it's more traditional!