Back in the summer I sun printed a lot of leaf prints. Here are just a few of a large stack. I did them all in postcard sizes and I have been slowly making them up. These do not need a lot of embellishment. I am stitching around the leaf image and then finishing off the cards with a serged edge.
But I felt like it needed one more thing and that turned out to be an inner frame in a contrasting color. After I serge the edge I add a sating stitch just barely overlapping the serged edge.
I think they make a nice looking card.
Here are the 4 that I did in a red and blue. I also have done some greens and orange/yellow once but I didn't get photos before they left my house. I will have to do more of these next summer. I especially like the ones that are printed with a mesh piece overlay. It adds some nice texture.