Sometimes all it takes is one little change in your routine to have a big impact on productivity. Every month we have a Saturday Sewing day with our quilt guild and that was this past Saturday. Having a big productive sewing day away from home (and the computer) once again reaffirmed the amount of time that I waste. Yesterday was much better.
Remember the quilt from last week that I said I was going to quilt from the back? Well I got it flipped and started quilting. This is the back! I am going to quilt it in the spiral pattern using matching thread. It may make the front of the quilt look like total gak but the point of this is the exercise to see if I can do it without tucks and pleats. I am going to also use this opportunity to practice a lot of filler quilting; something that I am not good at at all. There will be a channel where the spirals meet that will not be quilted, only outlined. I got all of that quilting done yesterday so will start the colorful quilting today.
I also did a good bit of straightening in the sewing room and cut up a LOT of hand dyed scraps. I used my 4" GO! template and a few other shapes. I keep the cut shapes in a plastic bin and once I have enough of a shape I will sw them together. I decided to use the 4" HSTs as a leader/ender project and I am just going to to a lot of random light/dark HST squares like these.
I think I will arrange them into scrappy 9-patch blocks like this and whenever I get enough of them I'll sew them together into a quilt. But that will come much later.
Today, after I finish my computer work and laundry I will decide and pack the project that I will take to the river this weekend and then I will be in the basement playing with Willie in my rainbow spiral quilt.
This week I want to get my color palette project made and start sewing Kim's quilt together. If I am not careful her 1 year anniversary will arrive and I will not have her wedding gift done! While I have a little panic about that go over to Judy's blog and see what everyone else is up to.
I almost forgot! We harvested all of the corn this past weekend and I estimate that we got a total of about 80 ears. Most of it is in the freezer but we ate a lot of it fresh and have a few more ears to eat tonight. Planted among the corn was cantaloupe and here's the first one of those. It was surprisingly good! We tried cantaloupe once before and it was awful. We got it right this time. The second and third melons are already in the fridge!