I'm a little late but I am now caught up on my Blogger's BOM blocks.
I have also finally settled on a layout. I know I said that last month but I just could not wrap my head around the odd sized inner borders to get that pieced border to work out right. I changed the pieced border from a 4" block to a 3" block and oriented the bar diagonally and I like this much better. I also narrowed the sashing and cornerstones which will require me to trim all of those pieces that I have already cut! It will be worth it because I like this much better and I will have lots of room to quilt some feathers.
This quilt should finish to 64" x 82" and will fit one of the beds in the guest house. (I'm keeping this one!) I don't have directions but if you like this layout for your quilt and you have EQ, you can download the EQ file here.
I set aside one afternoon and evening to work on this. It took me a couple of hours to settle on the layout before I could start piecing some of the border blocks. I like how this is going to look!
When I packed everything away for next month I wrote some notes to myself so I will know where to pick up. My goal will be to complete the border blocks next month and the sashing in September so that I can put it all together when we get the last block in October.