So much for grand plans. Nothiing I planned last week turned out like I wanted. I spent the week tending to my jaw pain instead of sewing. I did get my dye day in but I did not get my color post done or my color palette challenge. I will do both of those next Friday instead.
Estelle and I had planned one of our TED (technique exploration days) for Friday so I did stop to do that. It's summer so it seemed appropriate to do some sun printing. I didn't print a lot of items because I still have a stack of prints from last summer but I did some things for a couple of projects.
Estelle did some cool things.
This one is really cool. She used 3 fern things and soem buttons and washers. This will be the start of a really cool composition.
This is another cool one and is part of her Greek urn series. She used some Timtex waste to cut some of the masks and also used fun foam cut outs and sequin waste.
I made a series of small leaf prints. I can cut these out, fray the edges and use these on some postcards.
Most of my focus was on these 3 pieces. They are on duck cloth and I used my collection of gears from my asthma inhalers. That little purple discus has all kinds of cool stuff in it! I also used some sequin waste, rug canvas and mesh vegetable bags. These fabrics are for a tablet case.
My jaw is getting better every day. At least my teeth can touch again but I can't really chew yet. But better is better and I'm very happy about that.