You might remember that a few weeks ago Estelle and I spent another day monoprinting. I printed lots of postcard bases and am finally doing something with some of them. I finished these patriotic cards today.
The base is hand dyed fabric that has been monoprinted twice. Once witht he wave and once with the all-over texture. I used paper stars as a resist for the second print.
After fusing the fabric to Timtex I stitched around each star with plain cotton thread. I only did that stitching so I would have a path to follow for stitching from the back. I put some Superior Razzle Dazzle in the bobbin and stitched around each star again from the back.
I finished the cards off with some hot fix crystals and a quick run through the serger. I'm using these as welcome cards for our guest house guests this summer.
I made about 7 all together and each one is a little different. I really like the effect of the monoprinting and I know I will do more of it in the future.