I really disliked the June color palette. I know that this will sound stupid considering that I am the person who picked the color palettes because I could have totally avoided the problem. But I tried to pick a variety of palette colors so that everyone could get one they like and a few that might be challenging. The truth is that working with pink is the ultimate challenge for me. I simply don't like it.
When I started thinking about the challenge I tried my best to use this fabric.
I cut up lots of hand dyed fabrics in the palette colors for borders and framed several of these botanical images. I hated them. Even for placemats and you know I will make a placemat from anything!
In the end I had to scrap that project and decided to make something that I need. Now that I am spending time out in the garden every day I like to keep my face shaded. I do wear sunscreen but I don't like getting sun on my face. That's why I love (and created a tutorial for) the wide-brimmed sun visor. I needed a couple of new ones and decided that a visor in the color palette would solve two needs.
I did use some pink but I decided that I would be happier with green and yellow as the main colors and pink as an accent. This one should reflect more heat than the red and black one that I currently use.
The flower was created with the Accuquilt Go! Daisy die. Since the visor will probably not be washed (because I can make a new one easily) I decided to only fuse the petals. It it's a problem I will come back later and add some stitching but I really think this will be sufficient.
My color palette project is done...just under the wire!