I'm sorry about the lack of posting yesterday. That book review was supposed to post yesterday but I have been calendar deficient lately and scheduled it for today instead.
I didn't notice it yesterday because Estelle and I were in the basement all day for one of our TED (technique exploration) days. Yes, we did monoprinting last month but I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to do it again and make more bases for postcards.
Monoprinting, as we did it, is printed on a glass surface. I have some old window sashes that I use. They are big and give me a huge area for a work surface which makes cleaning up a breeze. I intended to take some process photos but completely forgot. I promise to do it in the future but the basic process is to paint on the glass, create some texture in the paint, possibly add a mask and then lay the fabric face down on the paint to get the print. I use a brayer to roll the fabric to the glass surface
Now these are the starts of postcards. They will get lots of stitching and embellishment to spice them up. I used hand dyed fabric for the backgrounds on all of them. The stars were printed twice. I printed the red waves first and then printed the light blue. I got the stripes by scraping the edge of corrugated cardboard through the paint. I free form cut stars for the masked shape.
The hearts were done by laying down the pink paint and stamping in it to remove some paint. Then I used hearts cut from paper for the mask. I used the same process for the group of trees that will become a Christmas postcard.
The flower was done by using a foam stamp to remove some of the paint.
Now I need to start stitching!