16 x 20
This is the 7th in the Fiberactions Challenge series. This one really showed me how important it is to develop a series - whether it's series of art or just a series of lessons. Several ideas and techniques that I have been exploring came together on this one. Of course I had to keep with my underlying technique for the whole series, symmertry. But with this theme I wanted to see how subtle the symmetry could be. I thought about archaeology and how difficult it must be to find anything while sifting and digging through mounds of dirt. Everything must seem to look the same. I eventually settled on a fossil-like image. I consider this one a "fix" of the Stretch Challenge because I used a similar technique....but in a better way.
Be sure to check out what everyone else did for this challenge at the Fiberactions blog.