I know. I've been very MIA this week. I've been really busy but not doing anything blog worthy! My friend from California was visiting for a few weeks. I hadn't seen her in over a year so we had a great visit even if we did still have to go to work!
In my other free time I have been working on some new products for the Etsy shop that I'll introduce early in the week and finishing up my Fiberactions challenge piece. Today I got it quilted. Of course I started out with a very simple plan. I finished 6 hours later with my usual more involved result.
Recently Iris had a Mistyfuse Giveaway event on Facebook. To enter you had to share an idea for using Mistyfuse. One of them was about using Mistyfuse to baste a quilt. When I was basting my Fiberactions quilt this morning I remembered that tip and gave it a try.
I started with the batting layer and placed some bits of torn Mistyfuse (the black areas) over it. It would not be a problem to fuse a whole piece of Mistyfuse to the batting but I save small bits in a bowl and this seems to be a good use for them.
I started by fusing the BACK to the batting. (There's a sneak peak at all of the fabrics that I used in my Fiberactions challenge.)
I wanted my my top centered over the back so I got it positioned and pinned it on the left side, pulled toe top back and placed a few more bits of Mistyfuse around, put the top back in place and fused the right side.
Then I added some Mistyfuse under the left side and fused the rest of the quilt top in place. It worked great!
In 2 more days I can share the front of it. Tomorrow I will get it bound and then Chris and I will be emptying the rooms upstairs to prepare for new carpeting to be installed this week. It's not a moment too soon because some of it has been here since before we bought the house 12 years ago!