I love my boss! He called in today and told our admin that we could take the afternoon off! She didn't argue and I got a jump start on my sewing weekend. I finished my QFAH Star blocks so I am caught up on Judy's instructions. I even got my Doubles quilt top together. Based on your comments I used layout A. In the end I chose to continue with the original border plan.I can tell you that it looks much better than the photo. The outer border has more blue and brown than what shows in the photo.
This quilt is from the book Quilts on the Double. You cut out two quilts at once. It's a terrific technique and I will make others. My Mom is making the matching quilt to this one but she's been so busy killing snakes that I don't think she is done with hers!
It's time to review last week's list and make a new one! Here are last week's goals:
Make a new batch of soap with hemp butterdone! I made Hemp and Shea Butter
- Quilt Kim's quilt. I got it loaded Sunday and started the quilting and I like how it looks so far - not done
Start Judy's Quilt for an Hour project. This will also include a trip to Quilting Adventures to take advantage of the batik sale . My QFAH will be made from bright batik fabrics and I need one more. Besides I think I deserve a present for my great week at work! LOL!I'm up to date on this
- Finish my samples for my machine quilting class - uh, not done
Work on my QOV project.The top is done!
Tomorrow a friend is coming to visit and learn to make fabric postcards. That should take about 10 minutes so we might have to go to the fabric shop for a while! My other goals are:
- Quilt Kim's quilt
- Make the backing for the Doubles QOV quilt, I think I have something in my stash that will work. If not, I will dye a backing once my dye studio is back together. More on that later....
- Finish my samples for my machine quilting class
- Make postcards for 2 swaps and for all of the May birthdays that I missed
That should keep me pretty busy! Chris is going fishing Sunday and has a friend coming in to fish with him Monday and then he's going to a cookout Monday afternoon (it's outdoors so I can't go). That means that I will have lots of quality sewing time!