I woke up yesterday morning with a horrid cold that seems to be going around the world right now. It's sure going through my office. But after a long nap yesterday I was able to finish two of my silk fusion projects. The photos aren't great - I just didn't have the energy today to continue retaking them - I think you'll get the idea. Both of these projects are from my Silk Fusion class at Joggles.com. You can read my previous posts about these projects here and here.
First up is the Tea folder. I finished my tea dyeing projects yesterday so it was time to put it all together in my tea folder. I punched 3 holes in both covers. I decided to use 2-hole buttons on the backing and wanted a "rod" of some sort to be a brace for the front. The best solution I could find at home was to cut 3 wire hangers to 10.5" lengths and tape them together. Then I wrapped some of the left over fusion paper around the wire rod.
Then I wrapped the rod in a yarn and used another yarn to bind the book. It's finished off with a yarn bow at each of the 3 holes.
My last project was the "water" themed postcards for my Quilting Adventures postcard swap. I'm hosting the swap and was already 2 days late sending them out!
I used the very first piece of fusion that I made and added bubbles from the leftovers of the tea folder. I had to make 6 cards so I did them all on one sheet first.
Next I cut them apart and finished the edges with a dark acrylic thread. I still wasn't happy so I added some gold paint. Here's the card finished. Not my best effort but I allowed myself some leeway for feeling like sleeping instead of sewing! At least them will be in the mail tomorrow.