This morning I attacked both classes that I am currently taking on line - Silk Fusion at joggles.com and Tea Stain Dyeing at Quilt University. So far I am really pleased with both classes! This post will be about the silk fusion progress. Later I will post the results of my first day of tea dyeing.
These silk fusion sheets are really quick to make so I decided to do two more last night so they would be dry this morning. Here are the two sheets that I made last night. This time I hung them to dry and I like the results much better!
Next we were supposed to make a envelope and a pocket tissue holder. They are really neat looking items but I don't have much use for either so I wanted to come up with something else. I decided that I would need a journal of some kind for my tea dyeing samples so I decided to use one of my silk fusion sheets for that. At first I was going to make one of Sue Bleiweiss' padfolio. Those things are really cool but I wasn't sure that it would work well for the tea journal. I'll make the padfolio later. For the time being, here's what I developed.
It will be assembled like an old fashioned scrapbook but the binding will be at the top. The front is the one piece of fusion that I didn't like so much, fused to Timtex. Next I fused on scraps of the tea bag to spell out "tea", covered it lightly in several colors of Angelina and then did some decorative stitching. The fabric used on the inside and the back is the piece on the right - something that I dyed and stamped a few years ago. It complimented the fusion piece perfectly! So, I'm going to call lesson one done!